Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Farfetch'd Thought

There i stand, staring into the darkness. My two pillars of strength, struggling to hold me up. Breaking down on the inside, i feel the pain, i feel the struggle. But i know that, come what may, both pillars will catch me when i fall. These supports of innumerable differences, have everything in them different. But a five-letter word like irony is too meek to hold the meaning of their situation. For despite these differences they hold a common prize. A prize of no value to the world but of immense value to them. The prize that doesn't lay any golden eggs, but brings about dark cloudy days. But nevertheless, a prize in their eyes. I want to jump off their shoulders, into the nothingness, aimlessly fall, just so the pillars may stand up again, go their different ways and become strong again.

Be not mistaken dear reader, breaking down on the inside or the outside, does not rob these of their strength, for the common prize they possess, they willingly share, constitutes the base of this common strength. This common strength, gives them the power to love, to love the world around them and their common gold, but never themselves, for they never will be able to love that one that created their prize along with them. The only one that has equal authority over their prized possession. They live in a world of dark hatred for the power the other possesses, but nevertheless have to tread on to the end. That strength that causes love is the reason for family. Cherish it and find meaning it. Not many are lucky enough to experience it.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

one of youre best so far :)
im proud of you..
though you cant see it, i think you too would be a great parent.
:)
hope you go far in life Matt..
*resh*

Rayna said...

Wow.
Really didn't see this one coming, brilliance really. Loved the flow.

Unknown said...

Intense shit man
I've never seen you go so deep before....okay wait that sounds wrong. You know what I'm saying man!
Keep it up and I actually might keep reading blogs for a change.

I ligit! =]

empress said...

I personally felt that this made a lot more sense than Unheard Cries. However, I did get a teeny bit misled when you were talking about , err, the prize that doesn't lay golden eggs.Did you mean that the prize isn't something that brings comfort or that the prize draw these two pillars away from each other? I liked the flow of it, the personification of the pillars and the conclusion. Very meaningful and well-written.

Mathew said...

I don't think you really understood what i personified the pillars as. But it's open to and interpretation that makes sense to whoever's reading it. Thanks anyways. *cheers*

Unknown said...

This is really good stuff Mathew and I know what u speak of. I'm gonna keep reading this space. I like the way u think. :)

Mathew said...

'i like the way you think'
Omg. No science guy should see that. =O. Were you serious?? =P. Or do you just go for james tuitions(if he did conduct private tutoring) =P. Thanks amrit. I know what you mean when you say you know what i mean. =P

empress said...

Wait, HOLD UP! I did! It was just the prize thingy.
And don't mention it. This thing kicks arse.

Vinay Nagaraj said...

if your talking about what i think your talking about..
we need to talk.

Mathew said...

Don't think you know what i'm talking about =S.